What does my editor need to know?
Briefing a video for editing in The Shootsta HUB is a 3 step process:
- Step 1. Upload clips
- Step 2. Selecting elements or stock
- Step 3. Brief your editor
In this article we'll guide you on what to include in the 'Brief Notes' box as part of 'Step 3. Brief your editor.
For a guide on how to complete 'Step 1. Upload clips', 'Step 2. Selecting elements or stock' and other features in 'Step 3. Brief your editor.' check out our How to create and submit a Video Project in the HUB article.
What to include in the 'Brief Notes'
The ‘Brief Notes’ box is where you provide your editor with essential information about your project. The more information we have then the easier it is for us to nail your video project first time round! For example;
👋🏼 Hi Shootsta Editor!
This video is a quick tutorial video (2 minutes max) on how to use our new Product. The video is designed for customers and will be posted on our website, YouTube channel and Instagram.
This video needs to be fun, professional and on-brand. Here is what we had in mind for the style and vibe of the video:
- Video Reference: https://youtu.be/7T-DwYZBBLs
- Music Reference: https://www.epidemicsound.com/track/mnqKAgX69v
I have renamed and ordered all the files for you to make it easier. We've also uploaded our Video Plan and some blooper files - feel free to add them in at the end if you think they could be fun!
Keen to see the result! Let me know if you would have any questions.
Your biggest fan. 💌
Additionally, you can upload your 'Video Plan' in 'Step 1. Upload Clips.'
⚠️If you have filled out a Video Plan before the shoot, make sure to update and adjust the plan where necessary by for example including the corresponding file names.
Some questions that might help
- Why are you creating this video and who is it for?
- Where will this video be delivered? Will it go on your website, social channels, or your internal intranet?
- What is the maximal total length this video can run for?
- Do you have a Video Plan, script or storyboard you can share?
- Have you included relevant B-Roll to compliment your main clip? B-Roll can make a huge difference to your video and can serve to easily illustrate or demonstrate your speaker's words. Think about what the presenter is talking about and be relevant but creative with your B-Roll.
- Any particular branding, logos you'd like us to use?
- What feeling/mood do you want to create? Every video carries a mood to pass onto the audience. This can be reflected in music, colour grading, cutting and effects.
- Do you have any videos style suggestions?
- Do you have any music style suggestions? At Shootsta we can select any track from to the Epidemic Sound copyright free music library for your video.
Need help or have questions? Contact us. We'd love to help!