All Shootsta subscriptions come with a Sony Alpha a7 II Mirrorless Digital Camera with FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens. It shoots full HD and has a 24.3-megapixel sensor.
The a7 II will record video to a maximum length of 29 minutes per clip and default format is mp4.
For a general tour of the camera, take a look below, the functions in bold will be important to you when shooting.
1. Power switch/Shutter button
2. Front dial
3. Remote sensor
4. Wi-Fi antenna (built-in)
5. Lens release button
6. Built-in microphone*
7. AF illuminator/Self-timer lamp
1. Eyepiece cup
3. MENU button
4. Eye sensor
You can adjust the monitor to an easily viewable angle and shoot from any position.
6. Diopter-adjustment dial (for still image)
7. For shooting: C3 (Custom 3) button
For viewing: (Enlarge screen view) button
8. AF/MF/AEL switch lever (you will need the switch on AF/MF)
9. Rear dial
10. For shooting: AF/MF (press button to alternate) Autofocus/manual focus
For viewing: (Image index) button
11. MOVIE button
12. For shooting: Fn button
For viewing: (Send to Smartphone) button
You can display the screen for [Send to Smartphone] by pressing this button.
13. Control wheel ( you will use this to navigate and adjust audio levels)
14. For shooting: C4 (Custom 4) button
For viewing: (Delete) button
15. Access lamp
16. (Playback) button (to review your footage)
Top & Side View
1. Image sensor position mark
3. (Microphone) jack
When an external microphone is connected, the microphone is turned on
automatically. If the external microphone is a plugin-power type, the power of the
microphone is supplied by the camera.
4. (Headphones) jack
5. Multi/Micro USB Terminal* (for charging via camera)
Supports Micro USB compatible device.
6. Charge lamp
7. HDMI micro jack
8. Multi-interface shoe* (you will slide onto your audio receiver)
Some of the accessories may not be inserted fully and protrude backward from the
Multi-interface shoe. However, when the accessory reaches the front end of the
shoe, the connection is completed.
9. Mode dial (always shooting in movie mode)
10. C2 (Custom 2) button (you can use C2 to move your autofocus square)
11. C1 (Custom 1) button
12. Exposure compensation dial (adjust exposure)
13. Hooks for shoulder strap
Attach both ends of the strap onto the camera.
1. Battery insertion slot
2. Battery cover
3. Tripod socket hole (where you can screw in the base plate for the tripod)
Use a tripod with a screw less than 5.5 mm (7/32 inches) long. Otherwise, you
cannot firmly secure the camera, and damage to the camera may occur.
4. Battery cover locking button
5. Battery cover release lever
1. Focusing ring (for manual focus)
2. Zooming ring ( for close, mid or wide shots)
3. Focal-length scale
4. Focal-length index
5. Lens contacts* * Do not touch this part directly.
6. Mount index